Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recoup.

It's been six days since my surgery. I'm feeling better every day although I'm far from 100%. I can't remember another time in my adult life when I've had a week off at home. This time has gone by so slowly, for better or worse. No one looks forward to being uncomfortable but, on this occasion staying home to rest and heal was necessary to get my body back on track. I'm finally off of my pain medication and getting around much more easily. Today, I'm back online at work--although I'm working from home today and tomorrow.

I can't thank everyone enough for helping to make things easier over the past few days. Allison, Max, Steve, Isaac, Nelia, Craig, Taylor, my family...and of course everyone who wished me a speedy recovery. It meant a lot.

Top 10 Post Op Moments:
• Getting my hair washed by Allison, (friends-4-life) and some coaching just before my first sneeze.
• Max's burgers, Allison's basil and avocado sandwiches and Taylor's sushi dinner!
• Flowers and a visit from Nelia.
• Completing the first 4 seasons of the television show, Weeds. Yup, you heard me.
• Realizing, in the middle of a crosswalk, how slow I really am right now.
• Iced coffee and porch time with Craig.
• High five from the JDK CEO whilst being wheeled out of the hospital. Hmm...
• Isaac for helping me put my shoes one when I couldn't reach them and for keeping me company a little longer once my initial pain medication wore off. Oh...and fingers crossed my hospital bill isn't higher because of you. Enjoy your props.
• Steve for shutting the windows at night, buying ice cream and getting rid of the cabin mice. Ew.
• Mysterious Sunday New York Times delivery.Woot, woot!

I'm excited to see you all out there real soon. xo!

No comments:

Post a Comment