Friday, August 27, 2010

Bar Harbor/Acadia National Park

Hi there! I haven't updated in a really long time. I wanted to share a few pics before I arrive at my 5th airport of the day and my final destination. FYI: Bar Harbor, ME is really far from Palm Springs, CA.

So, I've been busy. This past week, we did a photo shoot in Bar Harbor, ME. It was challenging but, good. We worked long days and got very little sleep. I've posted a few iphone photos below of my favorite spots along the way. I didn't end up with almost any pictures on my little point-and-shoot this time so, these will have to do.

Bar Harbor is such a quintessential New England town and Acadia National Park has the most amazing views! My favorite part of the trip had to be our first shoot day. Our crew of 17 hiked the Precipice Trail, which the locals deem the most challenging hike in Acadia. It was was a bit hairy a times. There are a bunch of iron ladders towards the top that dangle you over 1,000 foot drops. The last 1/4 of the hike is pretty much vertical. We just held our breath and decided the hike was worth doing together to loosen people up and get some great shots! We didn't go all the way but, we went far enough to see the DANGER! We had great weather until the end of our second day, at which point we received flash flood warnings and had to stop shooting. After a late start on our third day, we got things going again and finished up on a high note. Our RV driver was the best ever and made us warm cookies, homemade guacamole, mini pizzas and smoothies. Food drives a crew...especially when it's cold and rainy. Ok, off to the desert. See you soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment