Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This and that...

These past few weeks have felt full and balanced with: friends, family, movies, books, photography, learning, some (but, not enough) exercise and crafts.

I've been lucky to share tasty meals and great conversation with many of my closest friends: Steve and Julia at Bobcat Cafe, Allison and Max for a lamb lunch at their house and a group dinner at Cristina and Jeff's for a delicious five course meal...complete with halved profiteroles topped with gelato w/ salty caramel! The occasion? We didn't have one, per usual. It's just feels so damn good to hang out with friends. I'm grateful to have all of you in my life.

Meanwhile, I've been in touch with my Dad & Jane more frequently. Helping feels good. Being there when you can, feels good.

Over the holiday break, I had free time. Merry Christmas to me! I saw, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Descendants, The Muppets, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and Young Adult. I missed seeing We Bought a Zoo. I didn't have tissues so, I took a pass on that one. I also read the first book of The Hunger Games series. It may be written for 14 years olds but, I still enjoyed it. Now onto Swamplandia (hoping I can finish it before next Tuesday's meeting!).

I've been experimenting on my own with my camera (self portraits) and new photography software called, Lightroom. Isaac spent some time last weekend walking me through the program and now I know the basics. Thanks IPW! Lightroom is nothing less than totally awesome. I think I'm sold. Who wants to help me learn? I'll take your picture!

You all should probably go and see the 30/30 Anniversary Print Project at The Amy Tarrant Gallery. The Flynn Center for the Performing Arts and Burlington City Arts join forces in a collaborative celebration of both organizations' 30th anniversaries. 30/30: Anniversary Print Project opened in the Amy E. Tarrant Gallery on Friday, January 6, and proceeds from an auction will provide scholarships to both organizations' youth programs. Cool.

Finally, Maegen and I are gearing up to host a little baby shower for our friend Nelia. Our menu (with some new recipes to try, woot!) is set, Jay knows what he needs to do before taking off to meet Marin downtown on Friday, pre-baby shower and I am busy learning how to make tissue paper puffs-so fun, easy and cheap! I'll post shower pics soon.

Take advantage of all that's around you, even if you think you're too tired or too busy. I make that excuse too often. I'm trying to be more aware of my own tendencies. So, there you go. Cheers to balance in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment