Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Room 525 doesn't look like it exists...but, it's there!"

I arrived in NYC late on Sunday night. After lots and lots and lots of prep, we finally met yesterday for one last day of prep before our shoot began today. After our pre production meeting was complete, a couple of us went out for dinner at Bond Street Sushi. Pretty tasty! I really wish there were hot towels at the beginning of every meal-so soothing. Our favorite dish was the big-eye Tuna Tart topped with micro shiso and white truffle oil. They come on a thin cracker type thing made by pressing wonton wrappers together through a pasta maker and searing them. It was the perfect amount of crisp!
When I woke up this morning, I felt like 6:30am came too soon. I was tired! Off to the shoot I went. Things went really smoothly overall despite the one model who got stuck in traffic and arrived almost an hour late. We wrapped things up on time and I headed out to meet my lovely friend Alex for some dinner. Dinner tasted good but, the service was flat. Thanks goodness the company was 5 STAR! Ew. After dinner, we made a few attempts to go shoe shopping but, alas (and probably for the best) the store we wanted to visit was closed. So, we walked and talked about the days events including: spying on Diane Von Furstenburg, lost mail...found by an unknown neighbor, NYC thieves (successfully) scamming for cash and creepy professional acquaintances. Be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment