Monday, September 6, 2010

Two nights in LA...

After spending three sunny days in Palm Springs it was time to pack up and say goodbye to Miss McGlynn. :( Happily though, my friend Vanessa drove from LA to pick me up in the desert. What a gal! She was able to meet us for lunch and a dip in the pool before Molly and Kelly flew home. V and I headed back to LA on Monday afternoon and were able to make V's yoga class. I have taken a few yoga classes before but, this one was a good reminder...keep moving. I was so out of shape! I really enjoyed the instructor's words and followed along with most poses but, I'm just barely in a position to start exercising now that my body has healed from my surgery. On Tuesday morning, V and I went to a Salvadorian restaurant for some huevos rancheros and plantains! Delicious. Then, off to the Disney Concert Hall in downtown LA. It's a beautiful hall complete with outdoor gardens! V had to work a 2:30pm so I dropped her off in Santa Monica and made my way 45 min south to Malaga Cove. It was a beautiful drive and so fun to explore on my own! I stopped at the Malaga Cove Plaza and picked up a sandwich and some baklava and continued on my way to the Wayfarer's Chapel. This Chapel was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright's son and is made entirely of wood and glass. It's a very special structure built on some coveted real estate right on the ocean! This community has one of the nicest views in Southern California, (from where I was standing). Tuesday night, V and I decided to make frozen pizza's and watch Arrested Development. It was so nice to live like a local in LA for a few days. LA never looked so good.





No comments:

Post a Comment