Sunday, December 12, 2010

'Tis the season to be busy.

Last week flew by! I guess that's what happens during the holidays. Here is a quicky recap... I went to my first Hanukkah celebration at Stephanie's and tasted kugel for the first time. It was delicious...like dessert made with egg noodles! I'll try to post a recipe if I can get it. Later in the week, a small group of us went to Miss. Koritz's for her first holiday party here in Vermont where she has only been a resident for the past few months. She claimed it was a gathering to celebrate the holidays and simply eat her homemade soup. Well, weren't we surprised when there was a roasted chicken with roasted potatoes/veggies AND a lovely salad with toasted pine nuts AND homemade peppermint ice cream AND a cake! Overachiever. Laura, I feel Christmas here in snowy Vermont!! Friday night was JDK's annual holiday party. The party took place at The Firehouse Gallery this year. Marin, Nelia, Steve and I met before the party for a glass of bubbly and then off we went! There was lots of great food, dancing, and some ridiculous photos taken throughout the evening in the photobooth stationed in the gallery. Can't wait to see those pics. We stayed up much too late but, somehow (I blame the late night pizza) I made it out unscathed the next morning! Phew. Saturday, I was up early to meet Laura, Dana and her mother for a quick wedding dress sesh at Sewly Yours. I swear, Dana could belt a trash bag and make it look great! After some brunch at Penny Cluse we all went our separate ways. Later that afternoon, Isaac and I went to see the movie, The Tourist (3 out of 10 stars). Skip it. After my bike ride home, (I'm still waiting for my new ride to arrive) I called it a night. Zzzz... I spent part of Sunday Christmas shopping and the other part decorating for the holiday party Steve and I are throwing this Friday. The Christmas lights only electrocuted me once. Yes, really. It's going to be awesome time! Get ready to have some fun. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment