Sunday, October 7, 2012

A walk in the park...

Today was the coldest day I've experienced since moving to NY. I was using my AC just two days ago--bananas.  I ventured over to Prospect Park late this afternoon and decided to walk it's entire length so I could finally see the lake that's on the far end. This park ain't small people. The entire trip took about 2 hours. It was very peaceful and thankfully, the rain held off. If you've seen Prospect Park in the summer, you know how amazing this picture is. I was all alone in the uuuuurban jungle (minus some Dad's with kids and some Hasidic Jews, one of whom asked me if I was Jewish [a-hem, none of your business!]).


Prospect Park Lake

Arch in Prospect Park. Bonus: lonely saxophone player! 

The former home of J. Crew's Jenna Lyons. Sorry it's crooked, I was totally creeping!
sweet urban garden
 I've taken so many pictures of this one block in my neighborhood. I love the different colored brownstones, especially the green colored one in the middle. Anyway...here's another picture. 


Why are there fireworks going off in my neighborhood right now? Do NY'ers really get into Columbus Day? I'm not complaining. I have tomorrow off and some fun plans as long as it doesn't rain! OK, gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment