Monday, February 4, 2013

The Year of the Snake.

For now, I'm simply grateful for the life I'm living. For all of the challenges, gifts, failures, victories and most importantly for the perspective that each experience provides. I'm looking and learning a little each day.  Sometimes, the lessons are larger and linger a while longer. Sometimes, it's a process that requires patience with your friends, your family and often times, yourself. That's life. This has been one of the most challenging years of my life as well as the most rewarding. I've heard people say that to really live, you need to face a fear each day. I haven't really done that exactly but, there was a time when I traveled 28 stops to the end of the L train to "no-where-ville" Brooklyn to pick up a UPS package in the dark. That must count twice, right? Scary shit. I love NYC for pushing me even when I don't want to be pushed. It's not the perfect romance. My subway station still smells like pee. Sometimes the subway doors close right in front of my face and I miss the train. Sometimes someone pulls the emergency break and I get re-routed on 5 different trains during my morning commute. Sometimes I have to buy groceries--including paper towels this time. SUCK-festival,  2013. 

But, it's all worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment