Sunday, December 27, 2009

Grins and Ghosts.

It's been a full week down here in Virginia. We've managed to make Christmas last the entire length of our visit together: family members coming and going, opening a couple of presents each day, trips to the playground, walks around the neighborhood and of course lots of tasty meals together.

Sometimes it's overwhelming to watch my sis live her life at such a crazy pace. When I visit her, I find myself running around too. Even though the experience is temporary, I still run out of energy! Someone in their household needs something during most moments of the day. Somehow my sister and her husband Jonathan manage to accommodate each need with patience and the appropriate response despite how fast they are moving. There were evenings when Jenny was so focused that she would literally trip over me in the kitchen and keep going in an effort to get everyone's meal on the table before, "meltdown". She knows. She is a veteran parent (of 3) and a pretty damn good one.

It's hard to live so far apart. It means we only see each other 2 or 3 times a year-the mini's grow and change so quickly and I don't want to miss it! Here are a few more pictures of our visit. Enjoy!
Adaline:
Oliver:
Adaline:
The Family in Colonial Williamsburg:
Playing with flour:
The Little Ghost:

1 comment: