Sunday, January 17, 2010

A long weekend.

While many have tomorrow off to recognize and remember MLK, I'll be at work. That's okay because this weekend over-delivered. I really feel like I got my two days worth! On Friday night Jeff, Nelia, Marin and I had a lovely dinner at Bluebird Tavern. I had two chilled oysters and a double burger with boucher blue cheese and poutine. Yummy! After dinner, we met up with Jay and Maegen at Drink for a drink but, left fairly quickly once the bar began to fill up with party people. On Saturday morning, I drove down to Stowe to ride. I finally met up with Maegen and Jay, after taking the longer route to the Sensation Quad, (now I know what's up). We took a bunch of runs and enjoyed the sunshine, soft snow and warmer temps. When I got home I spent some time picking up, doing laundry and researching the dessert wine I planned to bring to Soe's bachelorette party, a 2007 Muscat de Beaumes de Venise. Soe's sisters, Emma and Hannah, put together an amazing 5 course meal for the 10 of us! Each guest was assigned a course and then tasked with finding a wine that paired nicely with the dishes being served. We were invited to bring two bottles of wine just to be sure everyone got a generous taste. Yes, that means twenty bottles of wine for ten people. Things got interesting. I won't disclose the details but, what an amazing evening it was! Colin is one lucky guy to be marrying Miss Soe next weekend. At 3am, I arrived home and slipped into my bed. Here are a few pictures of the evening.

The Wall Sisters - Soe, Emma, Hannah:
The Aftermath:
LZ and I:
Soe and Hannah: Looking Sassy-and kind of ghostly?!? (argg Blogger...or perhaps I'm still learning how to use a flash?).
Now, it's on to the wedding next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment