Sunday, January 31, 2010

A week in NYC.

After a bumpy flight into JFK last Thursday, I headed into Brooklyn to meet up with my friend Alex. She arrived home from work a few minutes before I walked through her door so, we decided to keep dinner simple. We hit up a Mexican restaurant around the corner from her place: a short walk and some delicious food! It's always nice to Jude, Alex and Lily (meow).

On Friday morning, I headed into the city for our pre production meeting at Hudson Studios. Everything went smoothly and we were able to finish up a few minutes early. Here is the studio we're shooting in, (lots of beautiful light) and another picture of our view from the 13th floor.


I had a nice long walk from the studio to my hotel. My plans for the evening were up in the air. It's kind of rare and really neat that I had two, mostly free, days in NYC. I wanted to do something since it was a Friday but, I was running low on energy. I ended up at Le Poisson Rouge to see the band Asobi Seksu. It was such good music and just my speed. I was at home in bed by 11pm. Oh, and here is a picture of the scandalous tank filled with coy fish that was hanging in the lobby.
I woke up on Saturday with plans to head to the Tim Burton exhibit at the MoMa. I checked on line to get more info. They were offering timed tickets sales only during the weekend and every slot was SOLD OUT!! I wasn't sure when I would be back in the city again so, I was a little disappointed. I decided to make the MoMa my destination and walk from 29th street to 53rd just to see what I could see. I picked up a coffee and a treat (yes, I like to take pictures of my food) and headed out.

It was very cold, (not as cold as Vermont this week but, still cold). I made a few stops along the way to sip my coffee and warm up. I finally made it to the MoMa and lucky me, they were still selling Tim Burton tickets for the 2:00 pm time slot. Lucky me!

Here is a picture of an installation created by Gabriel Orozco that was dangling in the entry way of the MoMa.
The Tim Burton show was great but, at max capacity, a little too crowded for most people. I caught a cab back to my hotel and got ready to head to Williamsburg to meet my friend Deena. She and I dined at a place called The D.O.C Wine Bar, (If you ever find yourself there, please check out the bathroom. SO COOL). Deena is wonderful. She always will be!
Tim Burton's timeline:
This morning, I sent a few work emails in preparation for the shoot tomorrow and then coordinated to have brunch with my long lost friend Brooke. I met her at this little spot in Carroll Gardens called Char No. 4. They are known for their whiskey drinks but, it was brunch so I decided upon a mimosa instead. Brooke had a bloody mary with the special house whiskey in it. It's been a few years since we've gotten together so, we didn't really ever stop talking!
After a little shopping session in SoHo, I arrived back at my hotel, had some dinner and retired to my room. I'm going to sleep shortly to help ease the blow of an early morning wake up call. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment