Sunday, April 25, 2010

Bikes, Drives, Hikes...

Friday was the bike brigade we have annually in celebration of Nelia and Jay's birthday. It's always a great time. Riding a bike with a large group of people is something everyone should do at least once. It's an amazing feeling to be part of the group and it's also interesting to see how others respond to it.

Saturday was a local road trip. More to come on that soon.

Today was an early morning of foraging with Allison and Max! It was cool in the shade and just perfect in the sunshine. I heard the birds and the water. We picked from the endless fiddleheads for about 2 1/2 hours. Sometimes we talked. Other times we didn't. We left with more fiddleheads than we could ever eat. Oh, and I dug up my first ramps too. Here they are!
Look at them all, their little heads popping up out of the earth...
Here's AB on our hike in. So pretty.
Once we finished picking, we decided to go for Dim Sum at Single Pebble. Yum! What a great way to spend the early afternoon. My day started off strong but, (what I think are) my allergies kicked in as the day progressed. My nose was running, my head felt heavy, my eyes felt puffy and my cough started to rear it's ugly head. I rested for a little while until Steve invited me to go for a cremee. We walked down to pick up our ice cream. On the way back, as I was trying to tell Steve a story about a house we were walking by, I tripped! My melted ice cream went flying all over my hand and my glasses flew off and fell in the grass. It seemed awfully dramatic for a small trip. We laughed. I need to get my glasses adjusted. Now, I'm at home with a stomach ache from the ice cream.*Sigh*
Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment