Friday, April 2, 2010

Venting...

I went out to dinner, (again) last night. Tsk, tsk. There were a few restaurant options on the table but, the three of us decided upon Leunigs. It's one of my Burlington favorites! Leunigs always has a great atmosphere, pretty good food and of course outside seating during the warmer months. We sat down and started to review what looked like a new menu. All of the menu options appeared on one larger piece of paper that was covered in plastic. I asked the host if it was a new menu. He said, "no but, we really wanted to present in the traditional bistro style." As I perused the menu I realized everything had gone up in price, WAY up. I actually questioned staying there to eat. Some of the appetizers were $18!! Entrees had gone up to $24-$29 for items that used to be in the $18 range! I was shocked. The food is good but, not good enough to justify the higher prices. Here's what the three of us ordered: 1 glass of wine, 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. Total cost: $94 AND Total with tip: $118. I'm getting angry just writing this post! This meal would have cost just under $200 if we all had 1 glass of wine, 1 app and 1 entree. I'm sad to report that I won't go back there for some time. I did mail them a comment card expressing how loyal I've been and how disappointed I was last night. Hopefully, they will come down in price and keep their customers who have been going there for so long. Like they say on their website, "It's about the people, sharing good times and good food with good friends." They are right. The food is just good. Leunigs is not a fine dining experience, it shouldn't be priced as such.

If/When you go, don't get the sliders. They are served on a cold, store bought sweet roll and last night, the burgers were over cooked and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment