Monday, May 24, 2010

Discovery.

Jonathan and I woke up a little bit later yesterday morning. We still had a long list of tasks to complete but, our goals for the day were a little different than they had been on Saturday. Yesterday, we began the process of organizing/discovering/preserving objects that have been untouched or simply in storage for years. This cabin has been in the family since the 1930's so there is no shortage of memorabilia. Everything has a story and in many cases it's a story we haven't heard yet. One of my projects was to organize the shelves in the twin bedroom. I found these gems hidden away in between a couple of old books. Note the bag of, "LEE" that appears on the second drawing below. This was one of the many masterpieces I created back in the Summer of 1987. Age 9. I know, I know...please don't be jealous of my artistic prowess. This one is probably only worth $1,000 or so on Ebay so, I decided to keep it. In the end, the animal chewed magazines are now in the garbage and all of our beloved drawings, Dad's toy boats and our children's books now occupy the shelves!

* There is a new theory on why I might have drawn a, "bag of Lee's." Once upon a time there was this brand, Lee. Remember? Perhaps this drawing was a window into my wish list at the time. Jenny, did you have a Lee bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment