Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Surgery.

My surgery is booked. In mid-July my three year old hernia will finally be repaired. I've never had surgery before so, I'm a little apprehensive. I've been talking with others who have had the same 45 minute surgery done before. Their message is, "It's not so bad. The sooner the better." I'm planning to do lots of cooking and freezing the week before the surgery so my friends can swing by, heat up some lunch for the both of us and spend some time hanging out while I'm recovering. I'm told I'll want to rest for the first 3 days after the surgery. I've taken part of the following week off from work too and then of course no heavy lifting for 6 weeks after that. Sigh. It will be nice to have this out of the way. My hernia had gotten so much worse over the last few months. I quickly realized all of the daily tasks that required the use of my abdominal muscles. Those are the things I haven't been able to do comfortably. I can't wait to get outside and start moving again once this is done! Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment