Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Veggies? Maybe...

This year, I decided to work on a potted vegetable garden. I started from seed back in early April, which I'm now learning was a brave decision. While many are already enjoying veggies produced from their "starter" plants, I'm still in the early phases of growth. A few months ago I planted seeds to grow basil, lavender, rosemary, hot peppers, sweet peppers, green beans and cherry tomatoes. The lavender never sprouted, (I hear it's really hard to get going) and I'm pretty sure that I burned the green beans with the hot afternoon sun on a few different occasions. Sad. I've finally found a good spot for the pots to sit and I'm leaving them be to do their thing. The hot peppers and sweet peppers are finally on their way and the basil is looking solid! I have one really strong looking cherry tomato plant and 2 others that have some potential. I've got my fingers crossed that I'll get a handful of tomatoes. I did buy two new herbs yesterday to add to the mix: chives and more rosemary. We'll see how the summer goes and grows. I'm hopeful that I'll actually get some food out of this experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment