Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tiny landscapes.

Everything looks so different up close. Have you ever seen the movie, Horton Hears a Who!? The movie tells the story of a colony of microscopic creatures living in/on a spec of dust. The colony is discovered when the spec of dust is jostled from a flower causing one of it’s residents to yelp. The tiny yelp is eventually heard by the person holding the flower.

When I look at pictures taken with my macro lens I begin to see things differently. The orange pith looks like the surface of the moon. The clear candy sprinkles on the cupcake begin to look like a cityscape made of ice. I take the picture but, what I end up seeing causes me to take a second look at the object I'm shooting. Wait. Is that really the texture? I see it differently than my camera does. Ahh...I love this stuff!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment