Thursday, June 9, 2011

A lovely view, tasty food, a great friend and LOTS of wind!

The last few weeks have been pretty busy for both Steve and I. I haven't even gotten a chance to see his new place in Montpelier! He has a waterfall in the backyard. Lucky.

Earlier this week, he and I hatched a plan to finally eat at The Inn at Shelburne Farms. Neither of us had been there for a meal. We got there a few minutes before our reservation so we could explore the beautiful gardens a bit before sitting down to eat.
We walked around and watched the flowers bend in the wind which had kicked up just 10 minutes prior to our arrival. Everything was blowing around. The outside tables that had been set were broken down and brought inside. Finally, after our blustery walk, we made our way back to the hostess. While we waited the last few minutes for our table, we snacked on some Shelburne Farms Cheddar and I picked up a glass of champagne from the bar tender in the waiting area, (beware- the champagne will sneak up on you when you get your bill!!). We finally sat down in the dining room. The walls were deep red. Antique floor lamps lit the room. The doors to the dining room were open for most of our meal. The warm breeze was amazing! I had the pork loin and Steve had pasta with rabbit. We ended our meal with cheesecake instead of the Boston Creme Cupcake because our waitress said the cupcakes were dry.

After our two hour meal and lots of conversation, we both headed back to the cabin. Steve finally got a hot shower. I guess the hot water hasn't been working for the last few days at his new place. We opened up the windows in his room to cool things off since the temperature reached 91 yesterday. HOT! In the end, I'm glad I had a little company last night. We had a crazy thunder and lightening storm. I always find them to be a little spooky when I'm staying at the cabin. OOoooOoo...
Here are a few more pics from last night's visit to Shelburne Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment