Monday, June 20, 2011

Strawberries!

This weekend started off with a lobster dinner al fresco with AB. By the night's end, I ended up with blue crackle nail polish on my fingers, (nail art is AB's new obsession.). Fantastic! The next morning, we woke up and cruised down to Vergennes to meet AB's fiance Max who rode down from Burlington on his bike. We had some tasty treats from Vergennes Laundry and then made our way to the Charlotte Berry Farm. It's only been open for a week so the berries are small but, still delicious. I decided to make Strawberry Shortcake with some of the berries I picked. I'm also experimenting with my first infusion. I'll keep you posted!

I spent Saturday afternoon doing yard work-laying down new mulch seeding the grass, pruning the Geraniums and watering everything. I was sleepy on Saturday evening but, ended up rallying to head over to Clara's parent's place in Shelburne to celebrate Kristen's b-day. The Sunna's made it to VT to celebrate Miss L'Esperance so, it was great to catch up with both of them! Jeremy and Kat grilled soft shell crabs, I sang my "special song" to a small audience (accompanied by a real guitar player this time-stepping it up) and we all watched a very large and orange moon rise over the bay. Awesome.

Sunday was spent relaxing, taking some pictures, foraging for flowers (legal and not), and doing some baking. Back to work today-feeling refreshed and grateful...

No comments:

Post a Comment