Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Comfort food in July?

I tried a couple of new recipes this evening. I was pleasantly surprised! The salad was a bit too heavy on the cilantro for my taste but, I still enjoyed it. I am not the best at coupling dishes together. I just pick out what looks good to me in the moment. I think I made a summer salad and a winter entree tonight. I've done this before...oh well. I learn. The tilapia was really rich and just what I was in the mood for on this cold and rainy July night. Where, oh where is the summer weather? Here are the recipes...

Cilantro, Avocado, Tomato and Feta Salad
Ingredients:
8 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
3 bunches green onion, sliced
4 ounces crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
4 avocados, peeled pitted and diced
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 bunches cilantro, chopped
salt and ground black pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except avocado and lemon. After mixing, add avocado and drizzle the lemon juice over avocado to keep it from turning brown. Mix again and serve.
Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayo 
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets

Preheat your broiler. Mix Parm, butter, mayo and lemon juice. Season with dried basil pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix and set aside. Broil fillets without mixture for 2 minutes. Flip and broil for 2 more minutes. Remove fillets from oven and cover them with Parm mixture on top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until topping is brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. 
Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment