Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Zoo!

I've been out in Fort Wayne, Indiana for the past few days visiting with family. Yesterday, my Dad and I went to The Fort Wayne Zoo! I adore catching a glimpse of these exotic creatures up close but, in the past I've found that seeing the animals in captivity and living in less than ideal environments is heartbreaking. Dad and Jane said they were pleased with their experience at the FWZ in the past. So, off we went. 

These animals seemed to be living it up in their mud bogs, pools and leafy treetops! The zoo was in great shape and felt as natural as a zoo can feel. 

The kangaroos looked the most pleased with their surroundings. They were not confined by anything! There was a thin, low sitting wire around the perimeter of their living area. It wasn't electrified. Even if it was, these animals can jump up to 10 ft and could escape with one good leap. So, why aren't they confined? I asked the zookeeper and she said, "They seemed to have all they need: shade, food and companionship." My dad and I watched them and thought about it...we agreed. They probably were quite content. 





No comments:

Post a Comment