Monday, July 6, 2009

Long weekend!

As I was wandering into work this morning, I realized that I’ve only worked three of the last ten days!  No wonder I am so tired. I think I’ve been making the most of my time away from the office. 

This 4th of July weekend was a bit different than those in the past - I was sans family (sigh).  But, it was still filled with yummy food, fireworks, friends and of course Wimbledon, Roddick VS. Federer: 7-5, 6-7, 6-7, 6-3, 14-16! This match had me gasping, squeezing my “stress ball” and making strategic trips to the bathroom during commercial breaks.

Last night I wound down from it all by trying out a new restaurant in town called, The Bluebird Tavern. This was an unexpected treat! Maegen, Annie and I sat down at a table on their screened in porch at 5:30pm and didn’t get up for 3 hours. The weather was perfect yesterday so the fresh air was a must. We took our time ordering from their unique menu.

“At Bluebird Tavern we emphasize local, sustainable, and delicious food grown by our friends. We are committed to bringing our guests the best offerings from the market and from the farm. Our menu changes daily, in honor of the subtle shifts in the harvest.”

Throughout the evening we tried, bacon candied almonds, island creek oysters with lemon vinegar (my favorite!), ricotta gnudi with mint, peas and favas, a double burger with boucher blue cheese and frites and finally strawberry shortcake! This was the best food I’ve had in some time.  The service was great (thanks to Pete our super cute server) and the food was perfectly prepared. Check it out!

http://bluebirdvermont.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment