Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Fair Weather Grouch

Why do I feel so grouchy on the first sunny day we've had in, what feels like, two months? Hmm...

• My 1998 Honda is dying a slow death at the young age of 108,000 miles.  I'm on the verge of losing REVERSE and 3rd gear and I need a new muffler, (say it with me, "ALREADY?").
• Today, I am barely able to text from my phone without the screen sticking and then powering down...iphone anyone?
• My first month of ridiculously expensive rent is due in just 16 days. I love you Burlington, with all my heart (and money).
• Work, is just that these days.  
• I wish I would could get everywhere I wanted and needed to be in this country, at no cost. 

One step at a time.  

I'm looking for patience today...patience and solutions. Where are you two? Oh, right. It's sunny out. You're both hanging out by the water having an ice coffee. Hmph. I am coming for you...AND WHEN I FIND YOU GUYS!!! (sigh)...everything will be better. 

In the meantime, I'll just look at someone else's silly face and remember, it's just life. With a little hard work, patience, and luck, things will be looking up real soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I think this post was your best, most honest one yet. I loved it:) Great writing! xo.

    ReplyDelete