Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Nice Lens, Baby!

Last night, I tried out a "Lensbaby" for the first time. What is a Lensbaby you ask? 

"Lensbaby camera lenses are a line of camera lenses produced by Lensbaby that combine a simple lens with a bellows or ball and socket mechanism for use in special-effect photography. The front standard can be manipulated off axis to move the sharpest area of focus (called the "sweet spot") to almost anywhere in the frame. Therefore the important part of the subject can be rendered fairly sharp with everything else out of focus, even if it is the same distance from the camera." -Wiki
   
In the midst of shooting, I was feeling really excited about the effect. The image quality is similar to what you might get when shooting with a Holga. Once I got home and started to review the images...I was a little disappointed. They were too blurry. Instead of select focus, I got NO focus. Oh well. The Lensbaby was a blast to play around with and Alex has assured me that I can borrow it again soon. The pictures are still kind of pretty and a little dreamy. Until next time...




...and then a couple of shots with a more traditional lens once the sun went down. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment