Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Drive

Saturday night, Jay and Maegen had a couple of us over for dinner. It was pouring rain outside. Hanging out around their dining room table with yummy food, wine and some Ben and Jerry's (this time with brownies and fresh strawberries) was exactly how I wanted to spend the evening! We caught up and later in the evening looked through some AMAZING pictures of Jay and Meg from years ago. Such good stuff...

I woke up at 8am on Sunday morning feeling well rested. After making some coffee, I spent a good 2+ hours getting my apartment in order. It was very satisfying work. After Saturday night's conversation with friends about how cleaning can be therapeutic, I wasn't feeling one bit guilty about taking the time to do it. I decided to reward myself with a Sunday drive. There are so many beautiful and interesting spots to see right around the corner. I grabbed my point & shoot and my Holga and called up Isaac to see if he wanted to ride along too. I picked him and his two bags of gear up : ) and we headed out.  
We saw the Rock of Ages quarry in Graniteville, VT-just 45 minutes south of Burlington. Their visitor's center is closed on Sundays but, we were still able to see quite a bit.
A little background from their site... 
“Rock of Ages is a 50-acre, 600 ft. deep active granite quarry. Founded in 1885 in Vermont, Rock of Ages owns and manages quarries in several states and countries. These quarries produce the highest combined volume of dimensional granite in North America.” 
Prickly things...
Pretty things...
Old covered bridges with many stories carved right into the wood...
Yep, this is summer in Vermont.
A tasty A & W dinner but, man...those HORNETS!

No comments:

Post a Comment