Monday, August 10, 2009

A lovely weekend...despite the ketchup incident.

This past weekend, I was able to spend some time with my Mom and Patrick who were up visiting from their home in Massachusetts.

I headed down to Charlotte on Friday evening after a relaxing afternoon on Church Street with Steven, (I took the day off from work!).  Mom, Patrick and I decided to have dinner at Fire and Ice in Middlebury. We enjoyed the yummy food and the nostalgic atmosphere in the “Library Room.” Molly, I was thinking of you…

Saturday morning, my Mom and I woke up and hit a number of yard sales. We found a couple of small treasures but, the find of the day was this vintage Samsonite Saturn Bag for $1.00. It’s in perfect condition! 

When we got home, we decided to head down to the rocks to have an afternoon swim and a beer. We paddled ourselves around and had a good chat for an hour or so which was plenty of time for me to get a good burn on my face and arms. We've had a wet summer s0, I welcomed the warm rays, (I think I’m feeling the effects of my window-less office). After a little dinner alfresco, I headed back into Burlington in time for some dancing with Hannah and Alison at Lift.  

I woke up with a small headache on Sunday morning. Too much bubbly? Not enough sleep? Probably both. But, I decided to work things out with a solo mission to Montreal. Goal: To purchase a shelf that will occupy a corner space in my kitchen.  Thank goodness for the drive. IKEA on a Sunday is no place for a lady with a hangover.  My time there was brief but, long enough for an unsupervised child to bump into me and my hotdog knocking ketchup onto my new Adidas kicks. Probably serves me right for choosing to put ketchup on my dog instead of mustard in a place like Montreal. No further comment on that.

After getting the 90 lb IKEA shelf into my car (quite a task), I decided to head to The Atwater Market sans Craig this time. Poo. What a wonderful place to visit when you want to slow down and enjoy the sites, sounds and smells. 

Dahlia’s, $4 CAD for a large bouquet. But, you can’t take them with you over the border. Cry, cry, cry.

Bins and bins of onions, garlic, fruits and veggies…

A cheese tasting at Fromagerie du marché Atwater. I had the aged Gouda in the back right hand corner.

Then, I made a quick stop at French Connection to partake in their 75% off sale. Lucky me! Finally, I visited the old city before heading back to Burlington. I pulled up next to this lovely creature at a red light.

My tired body fell into bed last night after dinner and a movie for some much needed rest. It's warming up today. My AC is on for the second time this summer. Bring on the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment