Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Car Repair Woes

I've had a 1998 Honda Civic for the last 9 years! She gets great gas mileage (you can drive to the moon and back and still have a 1/4 of a tank left) but, she's getting old. Today, I had to go in to get my center pipe replaced at Meineke. I was just there three months ago getting another new muffler installed. At the end of my visit today, I asked the manager to kindly print me out a detailed history of my visits to his establishment which he did, reluctantly. 

After three years, three mufflers and 37,247 miles I decided to write a letter to Meineke. Although many of the parts are free with the warrantee, I shouldn't be spending hundreds in labor to replace below average parts...especially after I made the initial investment in a lifetime warrantee for my muffler. 

February 2006 Mileage: 75,230 new muffler         
November 2007 Mileage: 88,567 new muffler           
July 2009 Mileage: 109,014 new muffler                 
November 2009 Mileage: 112,477 new center pipe   

I wonder if I'll get a response? Rucchi, I'm following your lead on this one.  And while I'm at it...PLEASE, don't ever get your car repaired and Handy's Texaco. If you need a ride somewhere outside of town that might be less convenient, call me! I'll drive you.

No comments:

Post a Comment