Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday is going to have to step it up!

I took Friday off from work to give my mind some time to unwind after a hectic couple of weeks. What a treat! After a morning workout, I met up with Steven for a Cobb Salad at Penny Cluse, did a bit of window shopping, had a nice chat with Anne at the Icehouse and then...off to Montreal for the evening with Adam and Isaac. We ate our way through Chinatown and kept right on going until we crossed the border back into the US. Oy...Here are a few of my new favorites from the drive. I had taken a number of shots at the Botanical Garden and Insectarium that I thought I would post but, instead decided to keep it simple this time.
Pont Champlain:
Yesterday, I spent the first part of the morning caring for my plants. I found bugs on Ingrid! Eww... I trimmed off the one stem that looked most effected. I'll be watching her closely for the next few days. I also have two new succulents that need to be potted. I started my search for the right sized pots but, haven't had much luck yet. After I finished the rounds, I was off to do laundry, buy groceries, clean out my car, pay bills, etc. By 3:00 pm, I was free. What a great feeling it is to have clean clothes, sheets and towels, an organized apartment and no bills left to pay. 

I decided to take a walk downtown to enjoy the 90 minutes of sun that was left of my short, fall, weekend day. I did some window shopping and then, some actual shopping. Damn you Stella and your 20% off sale!! A new pair of shoes were purchased. They are beautiful and incredibly comfortable. While in Stella, I got a call from Miss Sage inviting me over for a glass of wine. We had a lovely impromptu visit and got a chance to chat about everything! I'm already looking forward to the next. Then-a quick, dark walk up the hill towards home, making a brief stop at Colin and Soe's to (hopefully and selfishly) gain an endorsement of my new purchase. I couldn't resist them! But, that will have to be it for some time...

Sundays should always be reserved for catching up on everything, even if it's just to catch up on the time you haven't been able to spend slowing down. Monday, you have big shoes to fill...beautiful, blue, leather, platform heels!

No comments:

Post a Comment