Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween!

This year, Halloween fell on a Saturday. I'm guessing that many people decided to do something fun since there was time to plan, time to play and time to unwind the next day. I woke up early on Saturday morning. After checking a few items off of my to-do list, I met Steven for brunch at Sneakers. While we waited for our food to arrive, we brainstormed about costumes. Finally, I made the final decision. I've posted a picture of the main ingredient below.
Smarties:
Steven and I stopped at Costco, Kmart, Battery Street Jeans and Lowe's to pick up the materials required to create our Halloween looks. Then, we headed back to my place to start construction. It took both of us two hours to create the pants for my costume, and another 15 minutes to create the belt to go along with the pants. Steven's costume was done as soon as the clothing came out of the packaging...oh, and once the suspenders were adjusted, (which was a small task).
Steven sewing 6 bags of Smarties onto my jeans:
"Smarty Pants"
"Deee-Lite"
Here's Ted Olsen after aging rapidly just in time for Halloween!
The Lumberjack:
Ian, the fish man:
A group of us started at S.P.A.C.E down on Pine Street to see some artwork, then up to East Ave for a bit (yummy cookies and beer pong in a really neat carriage house) then, to Jeff's place on North Willard for a dance party, vodka shots from a fireman's water hose (if you so desire) and popcorn courtesy of the host, Mr. Orville Redenbacher. Finally, we ended up down on Flynn Ave for the party of all Halloween parties. Odele did it again and really showed her guests a great time with musical performances by, The Creepy Cave Bees and DJ Luis Calderin. Somehow, I didn't get much candy. How can this be? It's probably for the best but, I'm saddened that all I'm left with is 4 1/2 bags of Smarties!

Sunday morning I met up with AB, Max, Rucchi, Dana and Steve for brunch at The Bluebird Tavern. It's becoming one my favorites in Burlington. I had a small french press, part of a scone, a taste of a sticky bun and wait for it....FRIED CHICKEN AND WAFFLES with honey lightly drizzled over the entire plate! It was the perfect mix of sweet and savory. What a great way to wake up slowly after a long night! Thank goodness for that extra hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment