Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Antarctica.

My mom and Patrick have made it as far south as they will ever go. They are in the seas off the coast of Antarctica. It's so neat to think of them way down there, listening to the ice shift while cruising along quietly among the iceburgs. They both love to travel and have done so extensively but, for some reason this trip has been the most interesting for me to hear about. So few make this trip. They say that only 1/5 of the planet is well suited for human life. The other 4/5 of the planet is deemed too extreme and requires special equipment/conditions for humans living there to survive. For me, their trip presents a bigger opportunity-to experience and witness a part of the earth that many do not. I'm proud of my mom and Patrick for making it down there! Stay warm you two.


No comments:

Post a Comment