Saturday, February 27, 2010

Marin "Jimmy" Horikawa and Bruised Ribs

I left work (on time) yesterday and was very ready to start the weekend. It was Marin's birthday and to celebrate, his fiancé Nelia set up a hibachi style dinner at Koto. She had invited a bunch of Marin's friends to the dinner and every one of them accepted the invitation. Our party of 18 filled up two tables! We had a great time toasting Marin, brainstorming-in an effort to determine what his American middle name could be, catching flying vegetables in our mouths and watching eggs spin on spatchulas. Koto always puts on a good show. Last night, the company watching it with me couldn't have been better.

I woke up this morning to SNOW! Maegen, Jay and I loaded up and headed to Stowe to take some turns. The drive down was beautiful. The new, sparkly-white snow hadn't yet fallen from the trees and the sun was beaming through their branches. We arrived and quickly realized that it was a powder day! We surveyed the trails on our way up the mountain and decided on our first run. We took full advantage of the powder trails first-they wouldn't remain a secret for long. I laughed all the way down the mountain. I fell many times while trying to keep the tip of my board up and out of the snow. It was heavy and my legs got tired fast but, it was worth it. It was the most snow I've seen this year! I was having a great second run on Sterling when (BAM!) I caught an edge and fell. I'm not sure what part of my body hit first but, I knew I felt it most in my side. I took a few moments to collect myself and then finished the run. I decided to sit out on the next run to see if I could stretch things out-it was a powder day and I was really excited to ride! I ended up taking one last run-nice and easy-but, called it a day as soon as I got to the bottom. Oy. We all agreed that despite the great conditions, it was time for lunch. We hit up The Reservoir for burgers and fries. Yum!

This afternoon consisted of TV watching and a nice dinner. My side is getting more sore by the hour. I think it's time for sleep. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment