Thursday, September 3, 2009

September

It’s September already? How did that happen? Sometimes, the month of September feels more like a new beginning than January does. It’s not a new year but, it sure feels like a very definitive start or finish to something--depending on how you look at things. The approaching Fall season often brings a fresh energy. If you don’t feel it yourself then, you may feel it with the arrival of the students. There are simply more people buzzing around the streets of Burlington.

I live right behind an elementary school.  Earlier this week, I heard the new principal of the school giving his orientation speech to the students and staff over the loud speaker. I could hear his message clearly as I walked out to my car. I chuckled at the thought of all the kids who were so attentive to his speech - it was delivered in a very slow and sensitive manner. The students were likely excited to be back in the classroom. Why wouldn't they be? It's so invigorating to start something new!

I always had my, “First Day of School” outfit and school supplies mapped out and packed up well before the first day arrived. I even remember wishing away the latter part of summer vacation so I could get home and start preparing. I'm a Virgo, no apologies.  : )

Summer is my favorite! It's inevitably filled with sun and fun! But, with the shorter days and cooler weather, I think some of us naturally begin to refocus. How will the next year be different? While I ponder that question for myself...I’m going to look forward to the long Labor Day weekend. I’ll be working a half day on Friday and then I’m off to enjoy, what I hope will be, a few glorious days of sunshine in Vermont! 

No comments:

Post a Comment