Monday, September 14, 2009

Fantastical!

One of my favorite stops during this year's Art Hop was Beth Robinson's studio space. I'm not really into dolls but, I found these to be delightfully mysterious. I loved their honest and entirely delicate expressions. The patterns and colors Beth used to give each it's own personality seemed to be just right. Some of the dolls were downright creepy! The imagination needs a work out every once and awhile. Beth's creations certainly did the trick.  

"These odd dolls are not something you will find in a toy store. They are hardly something you would buy for a child. They are misproportioned, strangely dressed, and they have a story and character uniquely their own."  http://www.strangedolls.net/

1 comment:

  1. Creepy is RIGHT- but I love-em. This is a neato post. Your blog is really great Kimmy Kim! Apple pie making here we come:)

    ReplyDelete