Monday, September 28, 2009

Pajama-esque, polka dots & pirate chic...long live Consuelo Castiglioni!

Over the weekend, I saw a pair of shoes that I absolutely loved. Here they are. I’ll never own anything like them because, I could buy a pretty nice used car for the same price! Buying them would be just plain silly. Even if I did manage to get my hands on them, I would tip over in 10 steps or less. But, wow they are hot, hot, hot. 
I later found out that the shoes were designed by Marni. Yesterday, as the rain came pouring down, I sipped my coffee and took a look at Marni’s 2010 Spring Collection. At first, I was a tiny bit unsure of the crazy mixed patterns, sequins details, cropped vertical stripped leggings and subdued colors. Is it too much or not enough?
Then, I looked at the collection all together and decided, wow. I love it! It so charming and easy. I’m sort of amazed that I like these pieces since some of them have very little structure. That’s the appeal. It’s nonchalant but, entirely sophisticated.  
I guess I should be grateful I don't have these clothes. If I did, I would have to iron everyday. And we haven't even started to discuss the dry cleaning bill...My cotton shirt and I are off to lunch! Hmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment