Monday, September 21, 2009

Hot Apple Pie!

This weekend was the most relaxing and restful one I've had in a long time. Friday night was low key and consisted of dinner and a movie, "The Informant" with Matt Damon. I gave it a 6 out of 10. Saturday was the last day of yard sale-ing for the summer. I found an almost complete collection of Berenstain Bears books that I scooped up for $4. Miss Gretchen is coming to visit in just a few weeks. I can't wait to introduce her to these books. They were some of my favorites as a child. Saturday night and Sunday morning were reserved for a fall cleaning session. I can never believe how much dust settles in the corners of a room with hard wood floors. I think I waited a bit too long to sweep and mop this time around. Ew. Anyhow, after the work was done I was ready to relax. I met up with Steve at Red Onion for sandwiches. We ate them in City Hall Park. The weather was perfect! We ended up laying on the grass for a little more than an hour. We entertained the idea of getting up and going somewhere to do something exciting but, then we recognized that we were already doing something. We were relaxing. So, we stayed a little longer and just enjoyed the sunshine and fresh air. I let my eyes close...Later in the day, I was feeling inspired to bake. Reading all of the delicious recipes in Bon Appetit will do that to you. I decided it was a good day to make apple pie. I went to the market and bought the items I needed (nope, I didn't pick my own apples...shame, shame) and used my Ben and Jerry's coupon for a free pint of vanilla ice cream (thanks Jay!). This was my first pie of the season. It wasn't perfect but, it tasted yummy a la mode. Here are a few pics...


1 comment: