Tuesday, October 6, 2009

An evening in Montreal with Miss Molly Margaret McGlynn from Missoula, Montana...how magical!

I left work a bit early yesterday to drive up to Montreal for a visit with my west coast "rock," Molly. She was in Canada for a friend's wedding. We met at her hotel in Old Montreal and decided to have a drink at Versus which was a 10 minute walk from her hotel. We arrived and ordered champagne and olives to snack on while we talked and talked. Oh...I've missed her! She is one of those friends, the easy kind. The kind that you can always laugh with despite all of the time and space that keeps you from more frequent visits. Life is so busy. Thankfully, every once and awhile we get the chance to have an evening like last night...time to just catch up. 
We left Versus and headed back to my car to feed the meter. We decided to take a walk around Old Montreal to see the cobblestone streets and beautiful old buildings while we searched for a good spot to have dinner. We decided upon Barroco. I found a picture of our table on their site. It was a small, quaint restaurant which was exactly what we were looking for. I had oysters to start and then beef short ribs braised in veal stock with a port reduction, garlic cloves and thyme and artichokes in a vinaigrette. Yum!
We also stopped by one of my favorite spots in Old Montreal, Espace Pepin. It's part gallery and part boutique. Molly tried on a super cool belt but, in the end we left empty handed. Thank goodness...that place in dangerous. Here are some pictures of the artwork that was on display. 


After dinner, we walked back to Molly's hotel and said our goodbye's for now. Until next time... I headed back to Burlington right around 9pm. My eyes closed the moment my head hit the pillow. Thanks for a lovely evening Molly! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment