Friday, October 2, 2009

Nido

My friend Shannon Roesch sent out an email this morning about a new fabric and yarn shop that her friend Phiona opened up just two days ago. It’s call Nido and it's located at 209 College Street.  I was running a few errands during lunch and found myself right around the corner from her store. So, I popped in. She’s made such a beautiful space! There are lots of fun fabrics, sewing books and patterns by Amy Butler. There are six sewing machines set up (just beyond the sparkly chandeliers) in the store that students will use when classes begin in November. I don’t know how to knit but, all of that colorful yarn made me want to learn so I can makes some fun scarves this winter. This store really got me excited to make something! I wanted to hold every bolt of fabric up to my waist so see what a simple A-line skirt (that might be the only pattern I can work with on my own just now) might look like. I guess I should focus on finishing the sewing project I’ve already started and then maybe, more practice. If you’re crafty, you should definitely check out this store!

1 comment: