Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome Baby Jeffries!

What a weekend! It seemed to go by in a heartbeat.

On Friday afternoon, I was making final preparations to head down to Connecticut for my lifelong friend Taunya’s baby shower. I haven’t had a visit with her in a number of months so, I was really looking forward to seeing she and her big ‘ol belly. While at work, I missed a call from Taunya’s sister, Kendra. I picked up the message and was surprised to hear that the baby shower had been CANCELLED because Taunya was in labor…1 month early! Baby Jefferies arrived late on Friday night. On Saturday morning I packed my bag, hopped in the car and headed down to meet her. 

After a quick stop to scoop up my Mom in MA, we headed down to Middlesex Hospital in Middletown, CT. When we arrived, we were greeted by a number of Taunya’s family members who have been a second family to me as well as a constant provider of Funfetti® cupcakes. We all caught up while we waited to get our first glimpse of Baby Jefferies. The nurse finally popped into the waiting room and welcomed us in to see Taunya, her husband Ryan and Baby Jefferies (note: the name is almost final but, until the parents disclose their verdict, we’ll have to stick with Baby Jefferies).

Here she is! What a pumpkin. 

6 lbs, 12 oz. 19” long.   

Ten tiny fingers and ten tiny toes...

Congratulations Taunya and Ryan. xo

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful pictures! Welcome Ella! Taunya looks wonderful here. Hope all is well with them. I'm jealous you got to meet her. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete