Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, here is something…

My friend Steve and I have decided to take an impromptu trip. A big-ish one. Tomorrow. It’s completely spontaneous and entirely exciting! 

We’ll fly out of Burlington tomorrow at 7:20am. We should arrive in Vega$ (via Phila) by noontime. We plan to pick up our rental car, check into our hotel and then...well, there has been lots of discussion about what we could do on Friday afternoon and evening whilst in Vegas but, who knows, really. That is the beauty of this trip. Pure adventure. 

Saturday morning we’ll hop back in our air conditioned rental car and drive for four hours to Los Angeles, stopping on the way to see lava beads, joshua trees and perhaps even to make the, “sand boom!” We’ll be staying with Steve’s friend Rochelle, (who lives in Santa Monica) on Saturday and Sunday night. There may be a really special treat on Sunday evening but, I’ll wait to disclose those details until I know one way or the other.

Our flight home leaves LAX at 12:45pm on Monday afternoon. We’ll be back in Burlington late on Monday night. I’m guessing I won’t feel relaxed and refreshed but, I’ll most likely have a smile on my face!

PS. Dad, I haven't forgotten about your summer travel ideas! See you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment