Sunday, June 21, 2009

Warm welcome.

It’s 80 degrees today. The sun was shining through the haze until just a few minutes ago when the rain finally came on the tail end of a light breeze. It smells like summer. The rain is cooling off the warm pavement and the air is a little thicker. It slowed me down to my summer pace during my walk back up Maple Street earlier this afternoon.


I have a glass of chilled white wine in my hand and I’m thinking about what a wonderful day I had yesterday with friends. We explored, discovered, anticipated, planned, shared, realized, sang, danced, laughed, ate and drank together throughout the day and into the wee hours of the morning. A day when you decide to do all of those things (and get to do them with such amazing people) is an extraordinary day. I feel lucky.


Now I'm off to start one of my new books and to snack on a few strawberries I picked hours ago at the Charlotte Berry Farm. Thank you for the warm welcome, summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment